Tabulous Release Notes
- Fixed centered tabs going onto new line in some themes.
- Update to animate.css library
- Resolved a max-width issue with ultra wide themes
- Update now requires Stacks 3
- Font Awesome from Stacks is now used
- Conflicts with jQuery2 have been resolved
- Updated tags for better organization in Stacks 3 library
- New icons for Stacks 3 library
- Resolved issues with Tab height when moving from mobile tabs to regular tabs via touch device rotation.
- Updated to Font Awesome 4.3.0 (for real this time)
- Updated to Font Awesome 4.3.0
- Background images work again. They were broken in update earlier today. Sorry.
- Removed all comments from code
- New meta tags for stack version tracking
- Getting ready for ************ launch
IMPORTANT You will need to reconfigure the icons inside the buttons. This is becuase Font Awesome icon names have changed in v4.
- Updated to Font Awesome 4.2.0
- Better optimized loading of Font Awesome
- Even though IE8 is no longer supported by Microsoft, I fixed a bug for IE8. How about that for love!
- Updated animation library CDN to use the latest version.
- Extra margins no longer gets added when an inset shadow is used.
- Fixed the jumpy behavior with Firefox when changing tabs.
- Fixed loading a specific panel via a URL hash link.
- Fixed reverse order feature.
- Hover animation now works on both tabs and crosslinks.
- Other small bugs and improvements with LiquidSlider library.
PLEASE READ!!! THIS UPDATE WILL BREAK CURRENT NAVIGATION AND TAB TITLES (#6)
- With auto height set, Tabulous will now auto adjust its height after all contents were loaded. This is to ensure that no content gets cut off at times.
- The “Wait for Content Load?” setting is now turned off by default. It’s been found to have conflict with some stacks like HTML5 Video (iOS 6 only).
- New setting that allows you to reverse tab order. This means that you can add new tabs at the beginning by simply adding a new panel to Tabulous. Its not the same as being able to freely drag and drop panels around. But, its a nice workaround.
- There are a bunch of new navigation options. You can now set your navigation to use text instead of images. If you were using navigation in existing instances, you will need to make sure that you set the style back to “Arrows” on all of your existing implementations before you republish. If you do, the navigation will be removed util you fix it.
- New hardware accelerated animations using CSS3 animations powered by animate.css. The animations will fallback to JS in browsers that so not support CSS3 animations.
- Font Awesome icons can now be used inside the Tab Titles! Warning: If you add the new Font Awesome icons to an existing Tabulous instance, you will need to rename all your tabs. Sorry!
- Font Awesome mobile tabs allow you to show just the icon inside the tab on mobile devices.
- All tabs now inherit the tallest height. This is good in the case that a tab title wraps and takes up multiple lines.
- Tab width can now be made a percentage so that you can have full width tabs.
- You can now hover over tabs to trigger the transitions.
- Storing tabs in browser history is gone. Sorry if you were one of the people that loved that feature. However, this really cuased unexpected behaviors for end users.
- New setting that allows you to not include the Tabulous libraries if you have multiple instances on the same page.
- When tabs change styles on hover or with transition, they are now animated for a much cleaner look at feel.
- Improved rendering in Edit Mode.
- Bunch of style and bug fixes.
- Beta release for but v2.5 release…
- New setting (Wait for Content Load?) that controls when Tabulous gets built. By default this will wait until all the page content loads before building Tabulous. If you turn this off, Tabulous will be built when the DOM is ready. When turned on, you may see Tabulous takes longer to build. However, when turned off, the content may not be sized properly depending on the theme and site design.
- Commas that are entered into the Menu Navigation title will be stripped. This causes conflicts with the slider.
- There is a new setting which allows you to modify the id of Tabulous. This is useful if you want to use cross linking. Read on for more info.
- Cross linking to tabs has been completely redone. You no longer need to enable “Tabs to Browser History”. You can also link to the tab number (Ex: #2) or the tab title where the spaces are replaced with dashes (Ex. #tab-name). You must also add the following attribute to your links: data-liquidslider-ref=”tabulous-id”. Where the id in the string is the new ID setting mentioned.
- The sample project file on the disk image now has a sample of how to do cross linking.
- Resolves conflicts with tab alignment in some themes.
- New option to make the drop shadow inset.
- The number keys no longer navigate the tabs. This was causing unwanted behavior when numbers keys are typed anywhere on a page such as a form.
- New “Collapse in Edit Mode” setting will collapse all tabs except for the first one.
- Mobile Navigation: The select menu now takes up less width while open.
- Mobile Navigation: The select menu text (just the options dropdown) is now forced black for retarded browsers.
- Mobile Navigation: The border around the menu now takes queues from the background color and goes a couple shades darker.
- Mobile Navigation: If rounded corners are used on the slide container, the top corners will be forced square on mobile so that it is seemless with the mobile menu.
- Mobile Navigation: Ability to turn off swipe.
- Mobile Navigation: Custom Breakpoint setting
- Tab Font can be made bold.
- Tab Background can be made transparent.
- Tab Font can now have a text shadow added to it.
- Tab gutter now has a max of 300px and has changed to a number box instead of a slider.
- The ability to control the inside margins of the tabs to separate them farther apart.
- Tabs can now have their widths defined in pixels or percentages. This will get you full tabs in many situations but not all.
- Tab text can be centered.
- Ability to apply round corners to every tab.
- New Tab accent color. This is to add separation color to each tab without adding an Inside Margin.
- Slide Container Titles can now be h1 - h6.
- Fixed some style conflicts with the new Tonic theme from Elixir.
- Initial public release of the completely redesigned Tabulous 2.
- Complete overhaul of the stack with over 75+ new features.
- Improved responsive support with revolutionary mobile navigation.
- The ability to separate the tab navigation away from the slider for a completely new look and feel.
- Tons more styling options to customize Tabulous to your liking.
- Too many features to list!
This update is a paid upgrade for existing users…