Share It Release Notes
- Color controls now support opacity
- small bug fixes in satellite lib
- Fixed alignment in Edit Mode
- Updated tags for better organization in Stacks 3 library
- New icons for Stacks 3 library
This version now requires Stacks 3.
- Font Awesome is now loaded by Stacks 3. This will ensure that all stack (not only ours) load the same exact Font Awesome library.
- Ability to turn off open link in new window
- Fix for relative file paths with new Font Awesome loader
- Font Awesome libs are now load asynchronously for faster page load times!
- Updated to Font Awesome 4.3.0 (for real this time)
- Updated to Font Awesome 4.3.0
- Background images work again. They were broken in update earlier today. Sorry.
- Removed all comments from code
- New meta tags for stack version tracking
- Getting ready for ************ launch
- Fixed the broken animations that happend in the last update. Sorry about that.
- Share buttons now work on touch devices. Share it will detect if the device is a touch device and open in a new tab instead of a popup window like on desktop.
- Change some setting labels to hopfully cause less confusion around Custom Attributes and Static Link settings. If you want to simply link to a URL (such as your facebook page), you will want to use the Static Link option.
- You can now add labels to the ShareIt Icons
- Updated to Font Awesome 4.2.0
- Better optimized loading of Font Awesome
- The Font Awesome libraries are now loaded locally inside Edit Mode. This will resolve UI jumping in using Edit Mode. This will also allow Font Awesome to work inside edit mode without an internet connection.
- A CDN is still loaded in preview and once published.
- Resolved some margin issues with some themes that was causing the satellite circles to not be positioned properly.
- When “Colorize Social Icons” is turned on in the Circles stack, it will not properly be inherited by the Icon stack.
- When using colorized social icons, the hover color will not be the same as the defualt social color.
- Fixed vertical alignment in the big icon circle.
- Email links no longer open up popup windows.
- More Stacks 2.5 optimizations.
- Icons colors can now be properly styled when Inherit styles is not checked when using in conjuntion with the Circles stack. You must still uncheck the Colorize Social Icons setting if the icon is one of the default social icons.
- More small optimzations for Stacks 2.5.
- Minor tweak to how Font Awesome is getting loaded.
- Now requires Stacks 2.5.
- Speed improvements.
- Resolved issues when Font Awesome is now included with some themes.
- Fixed gibberish that was showing up on the screen becuase of a syntax error. Sorry.
- I just released v2.1.0 minutes ago but I forgot to add Google Analytics support. So this release now support Google Event Tracking. This is similar to how event tracking working in the Sweet Button stack. This will allow you to discover when users are clicking on the share buttons.
- Revamped how Custom Share Attributes are defined in the Icons stack. There is a new select box to make this very easy.
- The Custom Share URL now actually is used as the detination URL for the share service.
- There is a new Static Link option that will turn the share icon into a simple static link.
- Resolved issues with custom url definitions.
- Updated the demo project to include OpenGrpah meta tag examples.
PLEASE READ: Share It has been completely re-architected!
- Share It has been completely redone. There is now the Share It Circles stack and the Share It Icons stack. You will need to use both stacks together in order to achieve the same effect that the original v1 stack had. This new method is much easier to implement, flexible and more powerful.
- You existing instances of the stack will need to be completely redone. This is necessary in order to make things better. Sorry.
- Moved to Font Awesome 4 by default. Backwards support for Font Awesome 3 has been added though.
- New settings to adjust the size of the popup window.
- New options to add text to the launcher instead of an icon.
- You can now define the amount of share circles as well as their sizing and positioning.
- You can adjust the amount of degree that you want the circles to fan out. 360 degree setting would evenly space the circles all the way around.
- Added support for OpenGraph http://ogp.me. If you define OG meta tags on your page, the stack will read them in and use them for sharing (image, url, title and description)
- Completely rewrote the stack in preparation for good changes coming in Stacks 2.5.
- Better CSS3 support for older IE browsers via PIE 2.0 (http://css3pie.com). Not all styles are garuanteed to work. Simply install the PIE files in a folder called PIE at the root of your web site. (Ex: /PIE/PIE.htc)
- Custom captions can now have apostrophes within them.
Share It can not read in open graph tags in order to determine the contents of your share posts. The following tags are used: og:image, og:url, og:title and og:description.
- Ability to use warehoused image for Pinterest media.
- Completely overhauled the CSS in order to reduce conflicts with certain themes.
- The color settings in Share It Icons stack were hiding from us. They show up now!
- New Share It Icons stack that simply allows you to place the icon of a single network. It takes care of configuring the share URL for the supported networks.
- You can use multiple instances of the new Share It Icons stack on your page in order to share to multiple networks.
- Fixed text-decoration issues with some themes.
- Fixed animation issues in IE8. Buttons are still square though. They look nice in IE9 though! Hint, hint…
- Fixed styling conflicts for some themes.
- Smoothed out the hover animations.
- Added the ability to define a different icon color on hover.
- New setting to add a link to the main button. This could be interesting to server as you default share option.
- Fixes for Pinterest image when the filename is in the browser url.
- Upgraded to Font Awesome 3.2.1. Check out the great new fonts at http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/
- Updated icon. Pretty pixels by KaL Michael!
- The custom icon settings for the main icon have changed to reflect how the same feature is implemented for the share buttons. If you have implemented this setting already, then you will have to set this up again.
- Upgraded to Font Awesome v3.2.0. Check out the great new fonts at http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/
- ADN share button still uses the unofficial App.net icon. To use the official icon, enter in icon-adn into the custom icon field.
- Fixed issues with Pinterest image not working properly.
- Background gradients on buttons were removed from IE9 becuase as you may have guessed, it sucks.
- Fixed share button positioning conflicts with some themes.
- New setting the will disable the animate on hover and only run it on page load.
- Initial Public Release.