Easy CMS Release Notes
- Hipwig image sizing improvements
- API Key checking no longer gets triggered in some circumstances
- Fixed some misc PHP errors
- Uploading images into Hipwig now properly marks the text area as unsaved
- Reduce PHP warnings about iptcparse not being installed when it is installed
- Updated Hipwig library to the latest version
- Hipwig tooltip localization into English, Spanish and German
- Hipwig Image and File uploads now work
- Cleaned up some unused settings in Admin Core
- Improved Hipwig Pro Settings in Admin Core
- New Pro Setting: define the colors used in the color toolbar menu
This is a major update. Please review update video for details. Make sure to REPUBLISH ALL FILES.
- All text content is encoded before sent to the CMS.
- Protect no longer relies on cookies
New CMS Elements
- New Number admin stack
- Toggle stacks
- Video stacks for YouTube, Vimeo and Wistia
- New Image crop settings in image admin stacks allow you to define where the crop for the square thumbnails is taken. You have different settings for both portrait and landscape images.
- New image validation rules on all image admin stacks. This will stop users from uploading images that will not look good in your layouts. Portrait vs Landscape. File Size, Min/Max height, Min/Max width.
- Completely revamped CMS Image stack! Circular images, borders, new sizing controls. It can also bring in images from feeds, galleries, and blog posts
- Default alt tags can now be user defined or can be auto-generated based on the meta tags of the image. You can place in the filename, title, caption and copyright information directly into the alt tags.
- When image uploads fail, the error is added to a tooltip when you hover over the red X.
- For the image copy paths lightbox on the admin page, the preview of the image is also loaded into the lightbox.
- New Image settings (sizing, circle, etc) migrated to Gallery, Blog Image and Blog Gallery stacks.
General fixes and enhancements
- Hipwig is now supported and is the default text editor now
- Admin Core stack will now warn you in Preview when the version of the CMS on your server is out of date.
- Fixed various PHP errors that were discovered
- Admin Core got some edit mode styling to make it a bit more useful like Site Styles in Foundation.
- Some misc errors and warnings resolved
- Alt + S should no longer trigger save on Windows
- The delay between saves when using the save button hsa been removed.
- Misc style fixes for some themes
- improved uplaoding of large image files
- Input placeholder ghosting fixed in Safari
- Improved the document root detection on web servers. Take that Strato!
You must republish all files in order to publish the updated CMS to your server.
- Improved Debug stack output
- Fixed conflicts with oh-so-fun-hosts like GoDaddy and Strato
- New CMS Core warning to help you know when you forgot to add the CMS Core stack to the page
- The Text Admin stack now has the ability to set as a password field. This will make the actual text not viewable. However, there is a preview text toggle icon. This will work great for the new integration with the PageSafe stack.
- Better unicode support for umlet characters
- Fixes for misc php warnings
- Custom font style is an option again for the Text stack
- Fixed Protect logout issue in Firefox
- Fixed issue in non-Foundation themes with no other stacks that initiate jQuery
- Resolved many conflicts with the themes
- Big update with RapidWeaver 7 support
- Important! New CMS Core stack needs to be added to every CMS page
- New protect stack can be used to password protect your admin pages. With new logout stack.
- New Debug stack provides information to help you debug CMS issues. You can also add the output of the cms.log to see all of the last transactions and possible errors that happen.
- Full screen editor support
- Text stack now integrates with Foundation and Font Pro styles
- New text macros are more powerful and faster than ever
- Style improvements with a bunch of themes
- PUT and DELETE http methods are no longer required on the server
Please republish all files after installing this update.
- Fix for passport checking failing on some servers after 30 days.
- You can now use the following markdown syntax to open windows in a new tab or window
[an example](http://example.com/ "external")
[an example](http://example.com/ "_blank")
- Base url fix for project files migrated from older versions of RapidWeaver
- Added Foundation Site Styles support to CMS Text stack when using Markdown formatting
- Fixed some PHP warnings that were showing up in cms.log
- Improved image lightbox, especially for portrait and square images
- Image uploaded from iOS devices will be properly rotated
- Image/File upload contextual menu opens up properly on tap as you would expect
- You can now load the thumbnail automatically on mobile devices for Image and Impact stacks
- More alignment and style options for Image stack
- Fix for gigantic images in the admin interface in Firefox after upload
- Resolved some licensing confusion when downgrading from Total CMS to Easy CMS. You will need to remove all Total CMS content from cms-data if you want to downgrade.
- New alert boxes that can be fixed to the top of the browser. These are more apparent than the small check notices added to text boxes.
- Image stack will now properly set the page to be PHP.
- Markdown toolbar link button will not properly insert mailto links.
- Misc fixes for launch day
- Initial Public Release