CMS-CSS Basic Setup
This FAQ is going to be a very basic understanding of the CMS-CSS stacks.
- These stacks work out of the box with CushyCMS and SurrealCMS. However, they can be easily customized to work with any online CMS. If you are going to make the page and NEVER touch it again for your client, then this system is the way to go. But if you make any adjustments to the file and republish the site, all changes made by your customer will be overwritten.
- Choose from one of the 7 stacks and add it to your stacks page. Depending on the one you choose, the screen will change. Look at the other FAQs for more information about each stack.
- If you are using any CMS system other than Cushy or Surreal, you will need to figure out the classes those systems use and change the class settings to that new class.
- If you have more than one of a certain kind of CMS stack on your page, you are going to want to be sure and make each stack has a different Unique ID.
- Once your page is published, you will need to use the CMS service’s website that you chose to go with.
I know this is a very basic understanding of the stacks, look for a more in-depth FAQ for each of the CMS stacks for a more detailed look at each stack.